http://themighty.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/200x.png

Monday, April 6, 2015

Truly blessed

Yesterday was Easter, and Stace and I had a great time with all of our great family at her aunt's house!  We celebrated her grandfather's 89th birthday, ate, and played wii bowling! It was a fun time with awesome people ☺️

Yesterday made me think about how blessed I am in my life.  I truly am the most blessed person in the world.  I have the most amazing wife and fur-sons in the world!  They know that I love them unconditionally and that I would do absolutely anything for them (including taking Oliver to the cardiologist later this month).  And I know that they love me unconditionally and with all of their hearts.  They make me laugh and smile every single day and they make me feel like the most loved person ever!  

And Stacey's family is absolutely wonderful to me!  They have welcomed me with open, loving arms and I am truly grateful for that.  I haven't spoken much to my own family in over five years (by choice), so being loved by my wife's family is priceless.  Her mom has been a mom to me since the day we met and I call her "Mom" and she calls me her daughter.  

I am very thankful that I get to do what I love a couple of days a week.  I am an In Our Own Voice presenter with NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), where I share my story of living well with mental illness.  I absolutely love sharing my story and giving others hope!  

I also get to be in the medical field, which has been my passion since I was in the fifth grade. I volunteer at the SPCA, where I get to work as a surgery tech and help the animals.  It truly is the best job ever!

I am blessed because I am living very well with my illnesses and I am loving life- that is something I never could have said a few years ago.  

I often talk about how blessed I am and how happy I feel because it has been a very long road to get to where I am today.  Every single day gets better (truly) and I am the happiest and healthiest I have ever been!
It's  a great feeling and I just feel so blessed!
(Photos are of Stacey, Mom, and me at the beach a couple years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment