http://themighty.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/200x.png

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A small step or a giant leap?

I did it! To some, it was a small feat, but for me, it's a gigantic achievement!

I have been volunteering at the SPCA for a few weeks now and loving every minute of it :).

Unfortunately, I was going through a depression last week and did not go in on Tuesday.  In previous jobs, when I missed a day or two of work, I would be so anxious and fearful about going back that I would usually miss more days and be totally terrified when I had to go back.

Well, since missing last week, I was nervous to go back and I think some of that led to my increasing depression toward the end of the week.

But, I talked with Stace and she reassured me that everything would be okay when I went back today.  She was right!  I walked in with my head held high and people were happy to see me and nobody was mad at me like I always fear.

Granted, this is a volunteer job that I only do one day a week.  But, I still get really nervous because in all my other jobs, my co-workers would be mad at me because me not being there would create more work for them.

This is totally different, but I'm so proud of myself for going back and not being terrified!

Like I always say, it's the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment