http://themighty.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/200x.png

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Why I'm thankful for the Semicolon Project

My story isn't over yet.  

It's such a simple sentence, but yet it has so much meaning.  

For me, I'm so glad my story isn't over yet! I'm glad that I still get to experience life, after all of the suicide attempts I have made over the years. 

My first attempt was at the age of 14, and it landed me in a psychiatric hospital for a week. I got a diagnosis of Major Depression, left the hospital, and continued on with life.  

When I was 20 years old, living away from home for the first time, it all came crashing down.  I was suicidal and told the college counselor.  That landed me in a psychiatric hospital again, and I was in and out of hospitals for about 7 months.  
I tried to make it on my own.  I went back to school and got a job, but it was all just too much and I became depressed and suicidal again.  
This time, I shot myself.  Yes, you read that right,  I shot myself. 

I went to a group home for 2 years after that, and I was correctly diagnosed with Bipolar, Anxiety, and BPD.  I made lots of other attempts, but, to my happiness now, I survived.

Since June of 2006, I haven't attempted suicide again.

I met Stace and love our life together.  

I will wear this bracelet with pride that I have survived and am grateful for every single day now (even bad days).  

I couldn't have asked for a better life now!  My story truly isn't over yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment